This cake is not just cake. It is not fluffy, but it has a full flavor and a texture like halva, melting in the mouth.
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake [Vegan]
- 7 ounces chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1 5/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1 5/8 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup hazelnuts ground into powder + 1/4 cup crushed
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put the chocolate into a bain-marie. Then mix it with olive oil. Add the sugar and mix well.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the ground powdered hazelnuts. Then drop this mixture into the chocolate in two doses and mix well with the cinnamon.
- Finally add the raisins. Pour into an oiled and floured baking dish, sprinkle with the crushed hazelnuts and bake in a preheated oven at 320°F for 25-30 minutes or until the knife comes out clean at the center of the pan. Enjoy!
- Variation: Do not add cinnamon, reduce sugar to 20 grams, put walnuts instead of raisins and sunflower oil instead of olive oil.