Everyone deserves an awesome Chocolate Explosion every once in a while. Should you feel sad, this will make it better. Should you feel awesome, you’ll feel even more awesome afterwards! This ostentatious Chocolate Lovers Cake with Banana Ice Cream and Chocolate Hard Shell looks not only decadent, it’s heaven – actually chocolate heaven. The chocolate cake is fluffy and soft – like it should be, the banana ice cream – the perfect addition to the cake and chocolate hard shell – well it’s really hard to describe how heavenly this cake is! You have to try it yourself.
Chocolate Lovers Cake With Banana Ice Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Lovers Cake With Banana Ice Cream [Vegan]
For the Chocolate Cake:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dextrose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Ice Cream and Chocolate Hard Shell:
- 2 bananas, frozen and in chunks
- 1/2 cup vegan couverture (or the highest quality vegan chocolate you can get your hands on)
How to Prepare Chocolate Lovers Cake With Banana Ice Cream [Vegan]
- Pre-heat oven to 360°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the chocolate cake, whisk, then add all the wet ingredients and whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter in the baking form and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes. Use the toothpick method to make sure the dough is done in the middle.
- Let the cake cool off completely.
- In a double boiler heat the couverture slowly, meanwhile prep your ice cream.
- For the ice cream, simply put the frozen banana chunks in your food processor or high-speed blender and blend or chop until it's a perfectly smooth ice cream - don't give up! It may take a while, but it will get there.
- Place the ice cream on the cake & top it off with the melted chocolate. You'll have a hard chocolate hard shell in a couple of seconds.
The baking form is used has a size of 5.5 inch. I've used Dextrose in this recipe which is a fructose-free sugar, but you can sub it with your preferred granulated sweetener.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1393 | Total Carbs: 237 g | Total Fat: 56 g | Total Protein: 23 g | Total Sodium: 1254 g | Total Sugar: 113 g Per Serving: Calories: 464 | Carbs: 79 g | Fat: 19 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 418 mg | Sugar: 38 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.