This recipe is very versatile. You can make it into ice cream, ice pops or chocolate mousse. Easy peasy and so good!
Chocolate Ice Cream [Vegan, Paleo]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk of choice (we use almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 6 pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a small bowl soak the cashews in enough water to cover them for one hourIn a separate bowl soak the dates in the milk for one hour.
- After the dates and cashews are soaked at them to a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In an airtight container freeze the mixture for 3 hours or until it reaches the ice cream texture.
- If you'd rather use your ice cream maker, freeze the mixture for one hour and then follow your ice cream maker instructions. This method yields a softer ice cream like soft serve.