Winter spiced Chocolate-Gingersnap Bars perfect for the holiday season. A healthy granola bar filled with chunks of hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and pecans, and seasoned with holiday spices.
Chocolate Gingersnap Bars [Vegan]
- 1 & 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- sea salt
- First add the coconut oil, cacao and dates into the food processor and blend until well combined, about 1 minute. Then add in the nuts, seeds and spices, and pulse until they are mixed into the batter, but still remain crunchy. Now pour the batter onto a lined baking pan.
- Press the batter into the pan - keeping the bars in 3/4 inch thick pieces - and sprinkle the top with extra nuts and seeds. Store the bars in the freezer for an hour. Cut them into squares and enjoy! I like to store mine in the freezer or fridge to stay cool.