In this recipe, overnight oats are combined with banana, chocolate, and cranberry to create a breakfast that tastes like dessert. They're then topped with a light and sweet coconut cashew cream that takes only minutes to whip up. All you need to do is prepare the oats the night before, pop in the fridge, and they will be ready to enjoy in the morning. It’s creamy, sweet, hearty, and delicious
Chocolate Cranberry Overnight Oats With Cashew Cream [Vegan]
For the Chocolate Cranberry Overnight Oats:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the Coconut Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut shreds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (or coconut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
To Make the Chocolate Cranberry Overnight Oats:
- Mash banana at the bottom of a mason jar or bowl. Add all ingredients, and mix well. Cover and let sit overnight.
To Make the Coconut Cashew Cream:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. If it's too thick, you can add a bit more milk.
- Add to the top of your oats.
If you don't like cranberries, you can just omit them from the recipe. Also, when the fruit sits overnight in the oats, it get a little soft. If you don't like that kind of texture, just stir your fruit in the oats, in the morning. If you don't have time for the cashew cream, you can skip this step. Overnight oats are just as delicious, on their own.