These little bite-sized chocolates have a creamy coconut filling. Fun-shaped chocolate moulds are a great idea when making these for special occasions, but if you're making them for home, then ice cube trays work perfectly well. These chocolates can be stored in the refrigerator for whenever you're craving a small, but sweet treat.
Chocolate Coconut Creams [Vegan]
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- Melt the cacao butter in a medium pot on the stove. Once it has melted, sift in the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and stir.
- In chocolate moulds, or in ice cube trays, pour a bit of chocolate into each slot. You don’t need much, just enough to cover the bottom of the mould. Put the chocolate-coated moulds into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate has hardened, take the coconut milk out of the refrigerator. Open the can, carefully scoop the hardened cream off the top, and put it into a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer (or a good whisk), beat the cream until it becomes fluffy.
- Remove the chocolate moulds from the freezer, add a tiny dollop of whipped cream to the center, cover it with the shredded coconut, and then pour enough of the chocolate mixture to fill the mould.