Embedded with chocolate chips, sweetened with maple syrup, hints of tahini, and of course zucchini, this gluten-free chocolate chip zucchini bread is delectable. When you have a big pile of zucchini sitting in your fridge and you have a huge sweet tooth…what else are you supposed to make other than zucchini bread. Let’s be real. You’ll be wanting to eat the whole loaf. Fudgy from the chocolate, so moist and fluffy, yet perfectly dense. This gluten-free chocolate chip zucchini bread is heavenly.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 flax egg (1.5 tablespoons flax seed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seed meal and water for the flax egg. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, tahini, milk, vanilla, and flax egg. Stir in the wet mixture into the dry.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-28 min. until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 min. before slicing.