These dark and handsome muffins will make you swoon! Moist and light with a delicate crumb, full of chocolatey flavor and little pops of banana chunks with crunchy cacao nibs throughout. What’s not to love?
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or other minimally processed, granulated sweetener
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 4 tablespoons water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (leave it a little chunky)
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened, plant-based milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 12-muffin tin (use muffin liners or a silicone tray)
- Combine the flax with the water and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl, including the flax/water mixture.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and devour!