The only thing better than chocolate and peanut butter is chocolate and caramel. Hello, melt in your mouth deliciousness! But let’s face it. Caramel treats are normally full of corn syrup and tons of sugar. These chocolate caramel truffles still fall into the “treat” category, but they are made with whole foods and all-natural sugar. And they taste like the real deal.
Chocolate Caramel Truffles [Vegan]
- 16 ounces pitted medjool dates
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add dates to a blender or food processor. Slowly add butter. You may need to stop and scrape down several times.
- Melt chocolate with extra virgin olive oil. Dip into truffle.
- Once it has formed into a dough consistency, remove from food processor/blender.
- Roll into (approximately) 24 balls and place on parchment paper in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Once they have come together, melt the chocolate chips and extra virgin olive oil either in a double boiler or on half heat in the microwave.
- Using two spoons, dip the caramel balls into the chocolate and place onto a separate parchment paper.
- Optional - Sprinkle tops with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for another 2-4 hours. Keep refrigerated when not eating.