Creamy, chocolatey avocado bars are a healthy dessert without sacrificing flavor! A layer of mashed avocado sweetened with agave and made smooth with coconut oil sits atop a grain-free, chocolatey date and almond crust.
Chocolate Avocado Bars [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Bottom Layer:
- 1 cup Medjool dates (roughly 10, pitted)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Top Layer:
- 2-3 medium avocados (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add all ingredients for bottom layer to blender or food processor. Blend until dates are smooth and nuts are in tiny pieces.
- Pour contents into 8x8-inch brownie pan and, using hands, smooth out on bottom of pan.
- Place pan in freezer while working on top layer.
- Add avocados to a bowl and mash well with the back of a fork.
- Rinse out blender or food processor and add all ingredients for top layer and blend until completely smooth.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour on top of bottom layer in 8x8-inch pan and smooth out. Use knife or spatula to smooth out top.
- Freeze 4-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Leftovers keep in freezer. When ready to serve, let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. It’s best to not leave these sitting out for too long, since the top layer gets soft quickly.