You can't go wrong with any of the ingredients included in this recipe. For that reason, I don't take much credit for how delicious these bars taste. This is another excellent recipe for sharing with your skeptical loved ones, non-vegan friends, or anyone you know who is hesitant to jump on the health food wagon. Their minds and taste buds will be BLOWN. In a good way. This recipe is pretty rich so I doubt you'll want more than one or two slices but hey, it's a free country. Do what makes you happy. All the ingredients are excellent for you, and when they're put together, this is practically a nutritional supplement... THAT TASTES LIKE HEAVEN ON EARTH. Everyone and their grandma are gonna love these. Make 'em. Eat 'em. Smile. You're welcome.
Choco-Mint Almond Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Peppermint oil, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it all sticks together.
- Press into the bottom of a lined bread pan.
- Put in the freezer.
- Whisk together the ingredients and then allow the coconut oil to resolidify a little bit, so you can spread it onto your almond layer.
- Put back in the freezer until it is totally solid.
- Whisk together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour on top of the solid coconut mint layer and put back in the freezer (or fridge) until it has hardened.
- Cut and serve! These will keep for weeks in the fridge.