This Chioggia beet salad is fresh and playful. Arugula, beets, quinoa, and pomegranates are tossed in olive oil and pomegranate syrup dressing for a light and fruity taste. This sweet and colorful salad is a lovely Spring lunch addition.
Chioggia Beet Arugula and Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 4 small Chioggia beets
- 3 cups arugula, washed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups pomegranate
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa, reduce the heat, and allow the quinoa to simmer for 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender and fluffy.
- While the quinoa is cooking, wash and peel the beets and slice thinly with a mandolin. Toss the beets with the pomegranate and arugula. Prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil, pomegranate syrup, salt, and pepper together.
- When the quinoa is done, allow the quinoa to cool. Once cool, add the quinoa to the salad and toss with the pomegranate dressing.