Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Kelp noodles are a sea vegetable in the form of an easy to eat raw noodle. Made of only kelp, sodium alginate (sodium salt extracted from a brown seaweed), and water, kelp noodles are fat-free, gluten-free, and very low in carbohydrates and calories. Their noodle form and neutral taste allow for a variety of uses including salads and stir-(not)fries while their healthful content provides a rich source of trace minerals including iodine, which kelp is well known for. Their unique texture completes the package, making kelp noodles a one-of-a-kind healthful and tasty alternative to pasta and rice noodles. Best of all, no cooking is required. Just rinse or soak the noodles and add to any dish and they are ready to eat, you can warm/heat them if you prefer. Enjoy this healthy, refreshing, and warming dish!
Chili Thai Kelp Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
4 - 6
Ingredients You Need for Chili Thai Kelp Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 340 g packet kelp noodles
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 lebanese cucumber sliced into sticks
- 3 spring onions chopped finely
- 3 red cabbage leaves sliced thinly
- red chilli to taste
- coriander to taste
- 65 g almond butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger skinned
- 1 spring onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 carrot peeled
- 1/2 lemon grass finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons filtered water (add more water if needed to make thick liquid paste)
How to Prepare Chili Thai Kelp Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Grate carrot finely
- Slice cucumber and red cabbage thinly
- Chop spring onions, red chilli and coriander finely
- Open packet of kelp noodle rinse well in fresh cold water and place in large mixing bowl
- Mix all ingredients through kelp noodles
- Place all ingredients in vitmaix, blend to a smooth paste.
- Scrape ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix paste through kelp noodles
- Garnish with lemon grass finely sliced, red chilli to taste, coriander to taste, & salt and pepper to taste.