If cauliflower isn't already a staple in your diet, you're missing out! Try something new and flavorful with these Chili-Lime Cauliflower Bowls. Whip them up for a nourishing dinner, and make sure to save some for leftover lunches the next day.
Chili-Lime Cauliflower Bowls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chili-Lime Cauliflower Bowls [Vegan]
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 head yellow cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 fresh hot red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 collard green leaves, chopped
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
How to Prepare Chili-Lime Cauliflower Bowls [Vegan]
- Sauté the shallot, garlic, cauliflower, and bell pepper in the oil in a pan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the almonds and chili and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiling water over the couscous in a separate pot, add the salt, stir well, and let sit for 5 minutes. Add a little more water if the couscous looks too dry.
- Stir the cardamom and lime juice into the couscous and transfer the couscous to the pan with the vegetables, stirring to combine.
- Cook the collard greens and kale in a large pan with about 2 tablespoons water over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve the couscous and vegetables over the greens and garnish with the parsley.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 456 | Carbs: 62 g | Fat: 18 g | Protein: 20 g | Sodium: 536 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.