For a quick snack, these chickpea nuggets are perfect! You can even enjoy them as a dinner, and dip them in your favorite dressing or even guacamole. These little nuggets are crispy and come together without much effort.
Chickpea Nuggets [Vegan, Oil Free, Soy Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Chickpea Nuggets [Vegan, Oil Free, Soy Free]
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
How To Make Chickpea Nuggets [Vegan, Oil Free, Soy Free]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the breadcrumbs on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- While the bread crumbs are cooling down, process the oats in a food processor until they look like fine flour.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas but save the liquid. Add the drained chickpeas to the food processor. Add all the seasoning and process until the chickpeas look crumbly.
- Add 1/4 cup of chickpeas to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until it looks foamy. Add the foamy chickpea liquid and the oat flour to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball.
- Divide the mixture into small portions. Form them into nuggets. Coat in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy for 20-35 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes at the end if needed.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 249 | Carbs: 42 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 467 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile