If you have bananas that are too ripe to eat, don't throw them away! Make gluten-free pancakes instead. Puréed bananas and maple syrup help sweeten these pancakes that are so light and fluffy, you'll never want to make anything else.
Chia Oat Banana Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chia Oat Banana Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pancakes:
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups oat flour (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (coconut water or plain water work as well)
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
For the Optional Toppings:
- Fresh berries
- Banana slices
- Maple syrup
- Coconut shreds
How to Prepare Chia Oat Banana Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine chia, flaxmeal, oats, and oat flour in a medium mixing bowl and add the almond milk (or water if preferred). Allow mixture to soak for at least 1 hour at room temperature or store it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mix in remaining ingredients right before cooking and stir until batter is smooth. Heat a large skillet or pancake griddle over medium heat (about 325°F) and grease it lightly with oil. Pour 1/3 cup size scoops onto griddle and spread with a spatula then cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until dark golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite pancake toppings.
If you don't have oat flour you can simply pulse 3 cups of oats in a food processor of blender until fine.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1882 | Total Carbs: 306 g | Total Fat: 58 g | Total Protein: 55 g | Total Sodium: 7733 g | Total Sugar: 93 g Per Serving: Calories: 125 | Carbs: 20 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 516 mg | Sugar: 6 g Calculation not including optional toppings.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.