These cups are very chocolaty, perfectly sweetened, cherry-infused, and incredibly delicious! Plus they are low FODMAP and dairy-free! The best thing about these Cherry Liqueur Chocolate Cups, apart from being very delicious, is how easy they are to make! The combo of chocolate, cherries, and alcohol is just next level irresistible.
Cherry Liqueur Chocolate Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8.8 ounces quality dark chocolate
- 4 1/4 ounces fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or according to taste, depending ow sweet you like the cherry filling to be)
- 1/3 cup whiskey (or another low FODMAP alcohol of choice)
- Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper cupcake liners. Or use silicone muffin cups.
- Melt half the chocolate in a double boiler.
- While the chocolate is melting, place the fresh or frozen cherries with the sugar in a pan and cook over medium heat. Once the sauce starts to thicken add alcohol and the mixture of cornstarch and water and let it simmer for another 5min, stirring continuously
- The sauce should be slightly thick, if it is not thick enough add 1 more teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water.
- By this time the chocolate should already be melted. Take out the prepared muffin tins or silicone muffin cups and pour 1/2 tbsp of melted chocolate to the bottom of each liner. Place the tin into the freezer for 10 minutes, to allow the chocolate to harden.
- While they are in the freezer, melt the other half of the chocolate in the same way
- Take the muffin tin or silicone muffin cups out of the freezer and pour about 2 tablespoons of the sauce in the middle of the cups. Then pour another 1/2 tbsp of melted chocolate over the sauce.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator for the chocolate to set.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days, or the freezer for up to a month. If you store in the freezer, allow the cups to thaw for 5 minutes before serving.