This comforting meal combines all the best things in life: soft polenta, nutty pesto, and artichokes (which don't need an adjective because hello, artichokes!). It's a great easy dinner when you just need to sit down to something hearty.
Cheesy Polenta With Creamy Artichoke Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Polenta With Creamy Artichoke Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup polenta (medium grain yellow cornmeal)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
How to Prepare Cheesy Polenta With Creamy Artichoke Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a large deep pan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Add the polenta and stir with a whisk or a long spoon. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently, stirring constantly until the polenta is thick and has soaked in the broth, about 15 minutes. Use a long spoon as the mixture will pop and bubble while cooking, and can burn. When polenta is thick, add the nutritional yeast and salt. Stir and set aside. Add lemon juice; stir.
- In a food processor, add the artichoke, basil, arugula, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, black pepper and nutritional yeast. Process until combined.
- Stir the pesto into the polenta and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.