Macaroni and no-beef grounds drenched in a creamy, rich and cheesy sauce. This recipe is picky eater approved and bound to be a family favorite.
Cheeseburger Macaroni [Vegan]
- 1 box macaroni
- 4 cups no-beef grounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons neutral oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup no-beef broth (vegetable broth works fine too)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & black pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to manufacturers instructions, drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the grounds, onion and garlic. Cook until grounds have lightly browned, then add HALF the broth. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until most broth is absorbed.
Stir in butter and flour, stirring well to incorporate. Once flour and butter are blended into grounds, add full-fat coconut milk.
Add all other remaining ingredients and combine well. Pour pasta into sauce and toss to combine.