These stuffed mushrooms are quick, delicious, and the perfect finger food to serve at a social gathering. The baby Portobello mushrooms are stuffed with gold-brown tempeh, tender onions, and then topped parmesan before being baked to perfection in the oven.
Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan Parmesan cheese, powdered form
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic.
- Once the garlic starts browning add the onions. Sautée them until they're translucent.
- Add the crumbled tempeh and sautée it well, until tempeh starts turn golden in color.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt. Sautée this for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. and prepare a cookie sheet by greasing it well.
- Scoop out the mushrooms very well so there is enough space to stuff the filling. Stuff the filling inside with the spoon.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and bake them for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and juicy.
- Take out the cookie sheet and garnish them with fresh cilantro. Feel free to adjust the salt before serving.