Roasted pumpkin, grilled eggplant, crunchy almonds, and sweet figs are just a few of the ingredients that make this salad. Not only is this veggie dish bursting with a variety of textures and flavors, it's also eye-catchingly vibrant and colorful! It's super-easy to throw together for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Char-Grilled Eggplant With Almonds, Pumpkin, and Figs [Vegan]
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- A dozen snap pea pods, peas removed
- A good handful of fresh sprouts
- 2 tablespoons of adzuki bean sprouts
- 1/2 of an orange sliced into think segments
- 1 medium size eggplant sliced thinly
- 1/4 of a pumpkin chopped into small cubes
- 2 dried figs finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of flaked almonds
- 1 teaspoon of flax seed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the pumpkin cubes on an oiled baking dish and bake until the pumpkin is tender.
- While the pumpkin cooks, thinly slice the eggplant and grill on a hot grill pan until the eggplant is soft and char grilled.
- Allow the cooked pumpkin and eggplant to cool slightly while you make the fresh component of the salad.
- Place the cabbage, peas, sprouts, adzuki sprouts, orange, and apple in a large bowl and mix gently to combine. Add the flax oil and salt and mix gently with your hands to evenly coat the salad.
- To serve, pile up the fresh salad evenly onto two plates, arrange the grilled eggplant to one side and the roast pumpkin on the other.
- To finish, scatter with the figs and roasted almond flakes.