When I was a kid, I loved adding granola to sweetened yogurt. The textures and flavors were so delicious, and it was filling, too! This granola has warm, subtle flavors that will remind you of a hot cup of Indian chai. It also packs a heap of healthy fats, protein, and fiber and is free of grains and refined sugars. Enjoy this with a plant-based milk, mix it with fresh fruit, or use it to top yogurt, chia pudding, or overnight oats.
Chai Spice Grain-Free Granola [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chai Spice Grain-Free Granola [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup raw unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup raw unsalted halved pecans
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup, organic honey, or a combination
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 –1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruits—I prefer chopped prunes or raisins (optional)
How to Prepare Chai Spice Grain-Free Granola [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut, almonds, pecans, cashews, and flaxseed. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, ginger, cloves, black pepper, and sea salt. Cook until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into the large bowl and toss until well combined.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl to the prepared baking sheet and spread it out evenly in a single layer (use more than one baking sheet if needed to avoid overcrowding). Bake, gently tossing halfway through the baking time, for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately add the dried fruit, if using. Use a spatula to fold the mixture together. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.