Packed with spring veggies and scrambled tofu, this version of fried rice is made grain-free by substituting rice with cauliflower rice. This hearty breakfast is packed with flavor without the heaviness of rice, but thanks to the tofu scramble, it'll fill you up. Top this with a drizzle of Sriracha just before serving, if spicy food is your style.
Fried Cauliflower Rice With Scrambled Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup snap peas, diced
- 1 small head cauliflower, diced into small florets
- 1/4 cup tamari (for gluten-free) or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon green onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (optional)
- Open the tofu package, drain liquid, and pat tofu dry. Slice into 8 equal pieces and lay flat on a paper towel on a cutting board. Place another paper towel and cutting board on top of tofu. Stack a handful of heavy cookbooks on top and press for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a non-stick or cast-iron skillet. Crumble the tofu over the pan and cook, stirring frequently, to heat it through. Add turmeric and nutritional yeast and combine. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add broccoli, carrots, and peas and quickly stir-fry it until just cooked, but still firm.
- Process cauliflower in food processor until it becomes the consistency of rice. Add to hot skillet with veggies.
- Add the tamari and stir to combine. Sauté on low until cauliflower is just tender.
- Drizzle with toasted sesame oil, and (optional) green onion, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve hot.