Velvety and smooth, this Alfredo sauce has an amazingly creamy texture and a subtle garlic flavor that perfectly accents its rich consistency. It is delicious over several types of pasta and vegetables. Just pour it over a steaming pile of noodles for a quick and easy meal that contains plenty of flavor, protein, and healthy fats.
Cashew Alfredo Pasta Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Italian seasonings to taste
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or water
- squeeze of lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper and parsley for garnish
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- Soak cashews in water overnight; drain and rinse the next day then pour into a high-speed blender or processor. Sauté shallot with avocado oil on a skillet over low/medium heat until soft; add minced garlic and Italian herbs and sauté around thirty seconds.
- Add this mix on top of cashews in blender. Add the rest of ingredients except oil and blend on high until it becomes a smooth consistency. Pour into skillet with additional oil and simmer until warm. Pour over noodles and serve.