Packed full of vitamins and antioxidants, this veggie duo makes a perfect companion for the nutritionally dense super grain, quinoa, which is rich in protein, fibre, moderate fat, and vitamins and minerals. It’s also considered a complete protein (meaning it contains all of the essential amino acids), making it a great choice for people trying to eat less meat. Plus, add in the fact that it's delicious, and you have a great meal!
Carrot and Kale Quinoa Patties [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot and Kale Quinoa Patties [Vegan]
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (equates to 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons of water, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped (equates to approximately three leaves)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into flour (For a gluten-free patty, use gluten-free oats)
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely grated (equates to half of one large carrot)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- equates to half a small onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- salt and pepper
How to Prepare Carrot and Kale Quinoa Patties [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for five minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further two minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, including the cooked onion and garlic, together in a large bowl. Stir well until the mixture comes together.
- With wet hands, shape mixture into 1/4 cup patties. Pack tightly so they will hold together better. Place onto lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then enjoy. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge to up to 5 days. Enjoy cold or to reheat, preheat a frying pan, and cook patties for about 3 minutes on each side in a little bit of oil.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.