Dessert as breakfast may sound like a 'cheat meal' but nothing is less true! This creamy Carrot Cake Oatmeal is a fantastic source of vitamins. It contains everything you want from a balanced breakfast: chia seed for protein & omega-3 fats, oat flakes rich in fiber and slow carbohydrates. Apple and raisins for a naturally sweet taste, and a lot of warming spices such as cinnamon, ginger and turmeric.
Carrot Cake Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk , unsweetened
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small handful raisins
- 1 large sweet apple, slices or cubes
- Cinnamon & sea salt, to taste
- Optional: ginger, turmeric & black pepper
- Spread the oat flakes and chia seeds over two bowls or glass jars.
- Add cinnamon and sea salt to taste. Mix well with a spoon. If you want, you can also add some grated fresh ginger, turmeric and black pepper.
- Add the grated carrot, raisins and apple. Shower everything with the milk.