With this vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free muffin version, I can’t get enough of carrot cake! It’s moist and light and filling at the same time.
Carrot Cake Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar]
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (or extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 carrots (finely shredded)
- 1/2 cup dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plant milk of choice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF.
- Combine all ingredients except the nuts and raisins in a food processor and blend until well combined, but with chunks of carrots.
- Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper or muffin liners and scoop batter into each holder.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool.
- Dig in!
You can make your own oat flour my blending oats in a high speed blender. Instead of muffins, you could also make regular carrot cake. This will probably have to bake more or less, depending on how high you make the cake. Just keep an eye on it and stick a toothpick into it, when you’re about to take it out of the oven – if it comes out clean, it’s done! You can serve it with vanilla ice cream and cashew vanilla sauce