This is the recipe to try when you're looking to make something new that doesn't require a lot of time and energy. This quick and easy dish will satisfy your umami cravings and keep you full.
Carrot and Soba Noodles With Sea Vegetables [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot and Soba Noodles With Sea Vegetables [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons dried hijiki
- 2 servings of soba noodles
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2.11 ounces tempeh
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon mirin
How to Prepare Carrot and Soba Noodles With Sea Vegetables [Vegan]
- Put the dried hijiki in a bowl and cover with a cup of water. Let hijiki rehydrate for at least 30 minutes, then drain.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the soba noodles, and give them a quick stir so they're submerged in water. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse, and transfer to a pot of cold water. Wash the noodles using your hands to remove the excess starch, drain and set aside.
- Julienne the carrot, chop the garlic cloves and cut the tempeh into small cubes. Before moving on to the next step, make the sauce.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil at medium heat and sauté the garlic for a minute until fragrant. Add the tempeh as well as the julienned carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the tempeh and carrots are cooked. Remove from heat and add the soba noodles, as well as the hijiki. Stir well and divide into 2 plates, season with some Sichuan pepper.
- To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, and mirin together.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.