Get your campfire ready for something new! This spicy curry will give you all the energy you need for outdoor camping fun and activities. It’s simmered with fresh broccoli, yellow bell pepper, and chickpeas, and swirled with creamy coconut milk. Serve with a side of rice and follow it up with some campfire treats!
Campfire Broccoli and Chickpea Curry [Vegan]
- 1 orange, red, or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 13.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 13-5-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1-3 tablespoons curry powder, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin or to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups pre-cooked brown rice
- Add a few tablespoons of water or 1 tablespoon of oil, to a hot skillet.
- Add all chopped vegetables, ginger, and garlic to the skillet, and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until the vegetables are colorful and the onion is translucent.
- Add curry powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute more.
- Add diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and flavors have developed.
- Remove from direct heat and stir in coconut milk. Taste for salt and pepper and add more, if needed.
- Spoon the hot curry over the pre-cooked brown rice and serve.