In this recipe, the butternut squash takes on the role of chickpeas in a traditional hummus. The toasted squash gives the hummus a deeper flavor and vibrant color!
Butternut Squash Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Butternut Squash Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons runny tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- optional: 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- optional: 1 tablespoon parsley
How to Prepare Butternut Squash Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut butternut squash into small, roughly 1-inch pieces.
- Combine with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and add to the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing several times to ensure even roasting.
- Once squash is finished, let cool for 5 minutes and add to food processor along with other ingredients aside from optional ones. Adjust seasoning if you want more salt.
- Serve warm or cold with carrot slices or vegetables of your choice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving Calories: 204 | Carbs: 9 g | Fat: 17 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 7 mg | Sugar: 2 g Optional ingredients not included in nutrition information.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.