These buffalo tofu fries are fast and easy to make. The sauce is simple, firey, and spicy. Serve them with carrot and celery sticks and your favorite dipping sauce (like a simple vegan ranch). It’s the perfect answer to that craving for an old favorite. You are going to love these buffalo tofu fries. Serve them as a party snack to impress all of your guests!
Buffalo Tofu Fries [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Buffalo Tofu Fries [Vegan]
How to Prepare Buffalo Tofu Fries [Vegan]
- Cut the tofu into shapes that resemble French fries. In a large resealable storage bag or in a shallow bowl, add the flour and the spices. Add the tofu fries to the bag or bowl and toss them around gently until the tofu is covered in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Shake off the excess flour from the tofu fries and cook them in batches in the pan until they are browned and crispy. This might take about 4-5 minutes per side. The 2nd batch will cook faster since the pan and the oil will be hotter.
- While the tofu fries are cooking, combine the hot sauce, Vegan butter, and agave in a large bowl and whisk.
- When the tofu fries are cooked, transfer them to the hot sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks and the dipping sauce of your choice. We made a Vegan “ranch” dressing by combining mayo, sour cream, dill, and pickle relish.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1248 | Total Carbs: 45 g | Total Fat: 98 g | Total Protein: 50 g | Total Sodium: 3802 g | Total Sugar: 13 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.