Loaded with buffalo cauliflower, roasted chickpeas, and drizzled in a creamy tahini dill ranch dressing, this isn't a regular ole' salad. Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with Dill Ranch has an explosion of flavors that pair together so perfectly this might be the next recipe you make over and over again.
Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with Dill Ranch [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with Dill Ranch [Vegan]
For the Tahini Dill Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini, good quality - it should be runny
- 1 lemon, juiced (yield about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 sprig of fresh dill, finely chopped (plus extra for garnish/topping)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of fresh romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions, into a crescent shape
- 2 ribs of crispy celery, finely diced
- 16 oz can of cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup of buffalo sauce (Primal Kitchen brand recommended)
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper for taste
- Optional: 1 creamy avocado
How to Prepare Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with Dill Ranch [Vegan]
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry the head of cauliflower and chop into small florets (think bite-sized!). In a large bowl, drizzle the buffalo sauce onto the florets and mix until evenly coated. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking tray and put into the oven setting the timer for 15 minutes.
- Drain, rinse, and dry the cooked chickpeas. Toss them in a bowl with sea salt and pepper and set them aside.
- Make the Tahini Dill Dressing by combining all ingredients in a jar, like a mason jar. Seal with a lid and shake until combined. Set aside.
- Once the oven timer bings, alerting the cauliflower has cooked for 15 minutes, remove, re-shuffle on the baking sheet, flip them and make room for the chickpeas to enter the chat! On one side of the tray, add the salted chickpeas. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- While the chickpeas and cauliflower bake, wash and chop the lettuce, slice the red onion into halves, and finely dice the celery. Add the veggies to a large salad bowl and wait for the oven timer to ring again!
- Note: you can serve individual salad plates or one large bowl. This salad doesn't do amazing as a leftover, so if you plan to eat it in batches, keep all ingredients separate and assemble by plate when ready. Assemble the salad by adding the roasted buffalo cauliflower florets and salted chickpeas to the bowl. Toss the salad and either serve the dressing on the side or mix in!
- Optionally, you can sprinkle in some dill leaves, loosely chop and toss on top, and/or sliced creamy avocado.
- This salad doesn't hold well as a leftover, so keep ingredients separate to store in the fridge. If you're not planning for leftovers mix it all up before serving, keeping the dressing on the side!
- Tip: Use a mason jar with a lid to shake the dressing. Prepare a double batch and save for other salads/meals etc.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.