Enjoy your favorite fruity bubble tea at home! This recipe is an easy, healthier and 100% vegan alternative to traditional bubble tea.
Bubble Tea [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Bubble Tea [Vegan]
- 1 package dry jumbo tapioca pearls
- 2-2 1/2 liters water for cooking
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen fruit of your choice (this recipe used strawberries and mango)
- 1 1/2 cups fruit juice
- Optional: Splash of dairy free milk, additional sweetener (sugar, maple syrup, agave – start with 1/2 tablespoons at a time and taste until satisfied)
How to Prepare Bubble Tea [Vegan]
For the Pearls:
- These are the instructions for the specific brand this recipe used. Follow the instructions on your package to ensure proper cooking. Also see note below.
- Into a large pot add 2-2 1/2 liters of water, and bring to a boil
- Add package of dry pearls to the boiling water
- Reduce heat to a rolling boil and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so they don’t stick to the bottom
- Turn the heat off, cover the pot and let the pearls sit for another 30 minutes
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the water the pearls were cooked in
- Rinse the pearls in cold water
- Place the rinsed pearls into a bowl and add the 2 tbs of reserved cooking water and 2 tbs of maple syrup
- Stir until the pearls are evenly coated. Taste a couple of pearls and add a bit more maple syrup if you’d like them sweeter
For the Slush:
- To a blender, add frozen fruit and fruit juice and blend until smooth.
- To two cups or glasses, add 1/3 cup of cooked pearls to the bottom of each
- Split the slush between the two cups
- Serve with extra wide straw
Pearls are best served immediately. You can store pearls in a container in the fridge overnight but don’t store them longer than that. 1 package of the pearls makes about 6-7 servings, so you may want to only use 1/2 a package at a time and reduce the cooking water by 1/2.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.