I like the idea of having a savory breakfast, so I decided to play around with mini muffins to see what flavor combinations I could come up with, and this one was the clear winner. The sun-dried tomatoes are absolutely essential to this; they give a tangy and salty zing which complement the earthy flavor of the kale very well. Although I used spelt flour for this, you can experiment with different combinations of gluten-free flours if you wish.
Breakfast Mini Muffins With Kale and Sundried Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups spelt flour (but you can experiment with a gluten free blend if you wish)
- 2 Tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- handful of kale
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F Chop kale and sundried tomatoes finely. Add flour, tomatoes, kale, sunflower seeds, baking powder and soda, salt and pepper, and stir until well combines.
- Add garlic, mustard and coconut milk to bowl and mix well. Add to the dry ingredients and fold until dough is sticky.
- Scoop dough into mini muffin pan and bake for approximately 15 min, or until tops begin to brown.
- Serve with mashed avocado or cashew cream.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Sunflower Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile