Treat yourself to this delightful breakfast bowl of warm oatmeal, crunchy pistachios, and tart, citrus-y grapefruit with a sweet, creamy maple-tahini drizzle! You get a boost of protein from the pistachios, plus the hemp and chia seeds that are added as the oatmeal simmers. This breakfast bowl will provide you with the long-lasting energy that you need to start your day.
Breakfast Bowl With Oats, Pistachios, and Grapefruit [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Breakfast Bowl With Oats, Pistachios, and Grapefruit [Vegan]
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 grapefruit, sliced horizontally into rings, and then halved
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, shelled
How to Prepare Breakfast Bowl With Oats, Pistachios, and Grapefruit [Vegan]
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring oats, 1 1/2 cups milk, chia seeds, and hemp seeds to a simmer.
- Stir in ginger and salt and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, mix tahini and maple syrup in a small bowl. Add remaining almond milk gradually, 1 tbsp at a time, until you reach desired drizzle consistency.
- Transfer oatmeal to serving bowls and top with grapefruit and pistachios. Drizzle with tahini sauce and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.