This easy vegan blueberry coffee cake is moist, fruity, and extremely delicious – it’s the perfect breakfast or snack loaf!
Blueberry Coffee Cake Loaf [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Blueberry Coffee Cake Loaf [Vegan]
Blueberry Loaf - Dry Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 3 tbs neutral vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
How to Prepare Blueberry Coffee Cake Loaf [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper (leave enough overhang for easy removal of the loaf)
- For the flax egg, combine ground flax and warm water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside to thicken
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg). Stir to combine
- In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients (sugar, dairy free milk, oil, flax egg and vanilla extract), and stir until fully combined
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredients, and gently mix them together
- Fold in blueberries using a rubber spatula
- Pour batter into prepped loaf pan
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients (flour, brown sugar, coconut oil and cinnamon) and stir until you have a course crumble
- Add about half of the streusel onto the top of the loaf and push down using your fingers or back of a spoon
- Add remaining streusel and pat down again (this is to minimize loose streusel fall)
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean
- Place onto wire rack to cool
- Once cool, remove from loaf pan using the overhang of parchment paper and allow to fully cool before slicing
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 slices
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 395 | Carbs: 68 g | Fat: 10 g | Protein: 6 g | Sugar: 34 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.