This vegan Black Forest Cake Trifle is the ultimate chocolate dessert! Perfect for birthdays, holidays, get-togethers, or just any normal night. It's so good, you won't be able to get enough (and neither will anyone else). This cake is quite the showstopper!
Black Forest Cake Trifle [Vegan]
For the Layers:
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 2 cans coconut cream (refrigerated overnight)
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until fully combined
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the dry. Mix until completely smooth (about 3 minutes). Split batter into 2 6 inch cake pans
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes
- Open coconut cream cans after being refrigerated and scoop out only the solid parts — save the water for smoothies!
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip until fluffy – about 2-3 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely and then cut into large squares.
- Alternate layering cherry pie filling, cake squares, and whipped coconut cream until bowl is full.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for up to 3 days.