Savory, hearty, and healthy, this soup perfect to warm you up during this cold winter. The soup contains black-eyed peas, collard greens, and plenty more vegetables that sit in this delicious soup.
Black-Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 carrots cut into rounds
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 1/2 cups small diced red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups small diced yams
- 1 bunch of chopped collard greens with stems removed
- 3 cups black-eyed peas
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the onion and carrots to the pot and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, basil and oregano to the pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, red potatoes, yams, collard greens, and black-eyed peas to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a hard simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in a microwave safe dish and covered in the microwave.
- Collard Greens
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 368 | Carbs: 68 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: 782 mg | Sugar: 9 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile