You don't need to leave the house or spend a lot to try out the newest food trend, activated charcoal! It's not all hype; charcoal does have some great benefits for the body. It is commonly used to remove toxins from the body. The thing with charcoal is that in its ability to remove the not-so-good things, it can also prevent your body from absorbing nutrients if taken too often. So use sparingly! Try out this photogenic smoothie bowl that uses activated charcoal in the banana and persimmon base.
Black Charcoal Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 1 ripe persimmon, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon charcoal powder
- A few slices of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- Goji berries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Simply place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, adding enough milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.