Vibrant veggie burgers that you are guaranteed to enjoy without missing the meat! Dress them as you would any other burger and enjoy the deliciousness. You could go the healthier route and use it as a salad topping as well.
Beet and Basmati Rice Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8.8 ounces beets, roasted or boiled
- 2/5 cup brown basmati rice, boiled
- 1/2 onion, thinly diced
- 1/5 cup oat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 can red kidney beans or black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden, 5-10 minutes.
- In a food processor, grate beetroots and reserve. Then process the drained beans until roughly chopped.
- In a big bowl, place grated beet, processed beans, rice, oat flour, sautéed onions, spices, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Refrigerate the mix a couple of hours. Then divide the mix in 4 and shape them into thick burgers . Heat a pan over high heat. Add a bit of oil and when hot, add the burgers to the pan. Cook a couple of minutes for each side. If it breaks off when flipping the burgers just pat them back with the spatula.
- You could serve the burgers with sourdough buns or with a good green salad.