This banana cake is a vegan, gluten-free, absolutely scrumptious dream. It is loaded with rich and filling banana flavor and topped with entire banana halves lightly glazed with coconut oil. So yummy!
Banana Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia flour + 2 tablespoon water)
- 1/2 cup plant yogurt
- 1/4 cup oat milk (use maple syrup instead if you’d like your cake sweeter)
- 3 small bananas or 2 big (and 1 whole banana for garnish)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Mix chia flour and water in a small jar or bowl and set aside. Make sure to mix well to avoid lumps.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the yogurt and oat milk into the mashed bananas. If you want your cake slightly sweeter you can use maple syrup instead of oat milk.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in all the other ingredients. Flours, rolled oats, chia egg, xanthan gum and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cast iron pan (I use coconut oil and gluten free bread crumbs).
- Take a banana, cut it in half and place on top of the cake. Brush it with some coconut oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375°F, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake rest for at least half an hour after you’ve baked it. The texture of the cake will change drastically once it cooled.