These yummy high protein quinoa balls are simple to make and very handy to have in your refrigerator as an addition to weekday salads and lunches. They bake well, are crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. These would also be great on top of pasta of any kind, including spiralized veggies!
Baked Quinoa Balls [Vegan]
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- A small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Measure 1 cup of quinoa, rinse well, and place into a pot. Add exactly double the volume of water and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the quinoa and stir everything together.
- With your hands make balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized) and place onto lined baking sheet. If your hands get too sticky, wash them in between.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until they look crispy and start to slightly brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.