Ultra lush, comforting and cozy baked potatoes stuffed with spinach and mushrooms. With vegan gravy to drizzle. Perfect as a stand-alone dish, or a decadent side dish.
Baked Potatoes With Mushroom and Spinach [Vegan]
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups cremini mushrooms, chopped
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups baby spinach (approx. 2 handfuls)
- Vegan gravy, to drizzle
Preheat oven to 425°F. Poke holes around each potato using a fork (this will help the heat to escape while baking). Wrap each in tin foil and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until you can easily poke through the cooked potatoes with a toothpick.
In a skillet add coconut oil, garlic, cremini mushrooms, and pinch salt. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Whisk together almond butter, balsamic, and lemon juice and pour over veg. Continue cooking until mushrooms are browned and ready to eat, then toss in baby spinach and cook until wilted (2-3 minutes).
- Slice open baked potatoes and fill with mushroom and spinach medley. Drizzle with vegan gravy.