This will surely become one of your favorite cakes. Do not be turned off by the tofu in this! You will not taste it. The sweet vanilla flavor of the cake with the slightly acidic blackcurrant and sweet raspberry and blueberry is the PERFECT combo. It is creamy, decadent, and fruity all at once. What more could you ask for?
Baked Dessert Tofu With Black Currants, Raspberries, and Blueberries [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cups tofu
- 1 1/2 vanilla non-dairy milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of rose water
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup of vegan vanilla pudding
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup of sugar
- 4 spoonfuls of wholemeal wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or coconut oil
- Pulp of 1 vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder or 2-3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup black currants
- A box of raspberries and blueberries (1/2 cup) or more
- Mix tofu with milk (use an immersion blender or another high-speed blender). Then add the remaining ingredients while still mixing.
- Transfer this mixture to a silicone mold or a traditional molded paper for baking.
- Spread the fruit on the dough and press lightly. You can change the proportion of fruit to your liking. The more currants you add, the more sour the dough will taste.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F. Bake the cake for about 50-55 minutes. It should be slightly browned.
- After this time turn off the oven, but leave the cake to in the middle rack for 15 minutes. After letting it sit, gently remove from oven and let sit at room temperature for at least 3-4 hours.
The tofu in the cake must be perfectly smooth. Make sure there are no lumps. Use a high-speed blender stick. If you do not have one, take 2-3 minutes longer to mix. Don't worry about the liquid consistency of the cake before baking; it's normal and the cake will turn out great!