Rich in antioxidants (tons of vitamins A, C, and K), kale is also a good source of minerals, such as iron, copper and potassium. Additionally, it has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels, especially when cooked!
Autumn-Style Kale Chips [Vegan]
- One bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped or torn into roughly 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chile
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8-1/4 cup pepitas
- several cracks fresh pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Put the kale pieces in a large bowl, and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle in remaining ingredients, and toss again.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until dry and a bit crispy.