This pesto is totally addicting, and so creamy and good! The pepitas makes the pesto a little crunchy and unique, so be sure to try it out!
Asparagus and Pepita Pesto [Vegan]
- 1/2-pound asparagus, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add pepitas and cook for 3 minutes. They will begin to pop and that's okay. Keep stirring them around to cook every side. Next, add in the asparagus and cook for another 3 minutes, again, still stirring it around. Finally, add in the spinach and garlic and cook until the spinach wilts, about 3 more minutes.
- Add all ingredients into your food processor and mix until smooth. I like to use a food processor so that the pepitas stay a little crunchy. If you want it super smooth, use a VitaMix or strong blender. You may want to add a little more oil as well if you like it super smooth.