Asian Rainbow Salad is a colorful and refreshing blend of veggies with flavorful citrus dressing. It is perfect for hot summer season; however, you can enjoy it anytime of the year.
Asian Rainbow Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1/4 of red cabbage, shredded on mandoline or sliced with a knife
- 1 Romaine lettuce, sliced or leafy greens of your choice
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper Shepheard or Bell pepper
- 1 carrot, julienne cut
- 6 radishes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Avocado to garnish
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Pansies or other edible flowers to garnish optional
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup sesame seed oil
- 1/3 maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk all well in a bowl
- Mix cabbage with lettuce in a bowl.
- Add sliced onion, pepper, and carrot and mix well again.
- Add reddish to the mix toss some more.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Add dressing before serving and top with sesame seeds, avocado, and pansies.