Although traditionally chimichurri is used as a meat accompaniment, as this recipe proves, it also tastes wonderful as pasta sauce! In this recipe, angel hair is cooked, tossed with the chimichurri, and then topped with red pepper flakes, parsley, cilantro, and fresh basil.
Angel Hair Pasta With Chimichurri Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Angel Hair Pasta With Chimichurri Sauce [Vegan]
- 10-ounce box angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 jalapeño, trimmed and seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from 1/2 of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Vegan Parmesan, for topping (optional)
How to Prepare Angel Hair Pasta With Chimichurri Sauce [Vegan]
- In a large pot of heavily salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and rinse pot with cold water to cool down.
- In a food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, basil, jalapeño, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil until a pesto-like sauce forms.
- Put pasta back in the cooled pot and pour sauce over the pasta. Toss with hands or tongs until evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Serve with crushed red pepper flakes and vegan Parmesan, if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.