No Christmas party or holiday meal is complete without these gluten free Almond Butter Cookies. They make a great substitute for traditional Christmas cookies, which are often loaded with refined sugars, gluten and unhealthy fats. Serve them as they are – buttery smooth cookie dough pleasure! – or dehydrate them until they are crunchy on the outside, and warm & soft on the inside.
Almond Butter Holiday Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
10 - 15
Ingredients You Need for Almond Butter Holiday Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons date paste
- 20 drops of pure liquid stevia (or extra date paste)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 5 drops of almond extract (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan Crystal salt or sea salt
How to Prepare Almond Butter Holiday Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Warm up the coconut butter until it turns into liquid coconut oil. Remove the oil from the stove and let it cool down.
- Combine almond butter, almond meal, coconut oil, coconut flour, date pasta, Stevia, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt in the food processor. Mix until all the ingredients turn into a big cookie dough ball.
- Form the cookie dough into forms of your choice.
- Place the cookies onto a dehydrator tray lined with a dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate at 115°F for 20 hours or more, until they are crispy on the outside and slightly soft on the inside.
• If the cookies are still slightly moist inside, they will stay fresh for at least 10 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. • If the cookies are completely dry and crispy, you will be able to store them for at least 2 months in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. • Try experimenting with other types of ‘butter’ for different flavor variations. I’m thinking tahini, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, macadamias, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, pine nuts, pistachios…
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.