A flavorful and simple edamame hummus great for dipping veggies, filling whole-grain wraps and spreading on veggie sandwiches.
1-Step Edamame Basil Hummus [Vegan]
- 2 cups frozen mukimame (shelled edamame) thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. If too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Enjoy with fresh veggies, as a sandwich spread or over leafy greens.
Can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Mukimame is simply the shelled version of edamame. You can find it right beside the edamame, in the frozen food section (usually by the frozen veggies).